5 Reasons to Hire a Travel Agent8/10/2009
Planning your trip can be a long drawn out process and an inexact science.
For example, you take 2 weeks off of your busy work schedule to go travel to Spain. Where are you going to go? Who are you going to see? Where are you going to stay? The possibilities are limitless.
A travel agent can help point you in the right direction and reduce your stress in the planning process.
A knowledgeable travel agent can give you invaluable information about the country you are visiting. They are a great resource for finding out about the culture, customs, local hot spots as well as places to visit off the beaten path.
Your travel agent should be well connected. They have contacts in the cruise industry, airlines, hotel chains etc that can generally add value to your trip.
5 Reasons to Hire a Travel Agent
1. An expert in their field. If the agent you hire has personally visited the place your traveling to, they can give a first hand account of the dos and don’ts of that location.
2. Short on time. Travel Agents take the hassle out of the planning process, especially if you have only a short amount of time to plan the vacation
3. Experience Maximization. Money be damned! You want to experience as much as you can in the short amount of time you are traveling. Travel Agents provide you with the can’t miss sites and shows, of course at a nominal fee.
4. Help with Interruptions. What happens if a hurricane knocks out air travel for a few days or your favorite airline cancels your flight? Travel Agents can painlessly help you book your next flight.
5. Special Situations. Do you or someone in your group need special assistance, like access to a wheel chair while on your trip? Travel Agents know where the special accommodations are located and can help negotiate better pricing.