Disney revamps its Fast Pass program, launching this Fall.
Coming this fall to Walt Disney World Resort, Disney Genie is a complimentary and convenient new digital service designed to create your best Disney day. Disney has been listening to your feedback—you want planning to be easier, you want more flexibility and you want better tools to help you make the most of your visit—and that’s exactly what Disney Genie is here to do. They have made significant investments in this cool new technology, which guides you through Disney theme parks with tips that can help you reduce time in lines, discover magic around every corner and take the guesswork out of “what’s next.”
Built as a new digital service in the My Disney Experience app, Disney Genie service will maximize your park time, so you can have more fun. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, to general interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more—just tell Disney Genie what you want to do and it will do the planning for you.
Here are a few more features:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
For even more convenience and flexibility, there are 2 other options for enjoying Disney theme parks, through a queue Disney is introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:
- Disney Genie+ Service (Available for Purchase): For the price of $15 per day, per ticket at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per day, per ticket at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories—augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort.
- Individual Attraction Selections (Available for Purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to 2 highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance—like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance—to maximize flexibility.
While the FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services will be retired, Disney is incredibly excited about the flexibility and choices Disney Genie service provides. You can choose from all of the new options, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney park day.
Disney is also making some enhancements to the Disability Access Service (DAS) program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select attractions directly in the app. These options will be available in addition to the existing, in-person DAS program.
Guests with concerns regarding these changes and their previously-purchased tickets may contact (407) 939-4357 to discuss their options.